Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mr. Chairman, I believe it's time to bring in the unicorns.....

Okay, so I'll admit that at my age, my grasp of the US and Global economies and my understanding of our government is pretty shameful, but I'm definitely trying to educate myself further.

That preface being made, I have to say that I still don't seem to understand a dang thing about the workings of the economy.....I mean sheesh! The more I try to study and "figure out" how the economy "rolls", I feel like it's more just a bunch of mysticism and fantasy than any reality. Just a bunch of imaginary rules that the boards are implementing as they go.

I just imagine being a fly on the wall in on those Fed meetings and Congressional hearings and hearing them say things like "Yes, we must act now. It's difficult to determine the extent of the damage, but I do believe it's time to bring out the unicorns and implement the rainbows and moonbeams strategies to wipe out all the "bad loans" and make them disappear..."

Then, WOOSH!
Sparks are all flyin' and unicorns start jumpin' out the walls and Bernanke puts on his wizard hat and sparks and rainbows start shootin' all over....

I know it's sillly, but I just can't seem to get that image out of my head.....unicorns and rainbows.....magically making all the debts go away.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe you didn't get a comment on this blog. Awesome imagery. I picture the rainbows shooting out his ass.

MizMishka said...

Yeah! Maybe we should start a drawing/coloring contest for this....
It would be such a hoot to see the results!