Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome Autumn!

I am happy with today. I'm so pleased that it is the Autumnal Equinox.
I love the fall. I love the brisk air, the multitude of color, the slight chill that crawls up your spine when you think about winter coming, or think about pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving.....the rustling sound of dried, fallen leaves.

Beautiful!

And to make the day even a little cheerier..... I looked out my window with my kitty-kat early this morning to see all the dew, to search for that little wren making all the happy racket in the nearby hemlock tree, and what did I see?!?! A sweet little hummingbird drinking the dew off of my car. I never did put the hummingbird feeder out this summer, but now I certainly will. And I welcome all the dear little feathered migrators to my neighborhood!

Ahhhh.

No comments: